Thursday, February 12, 2009



Sweet Dreams

Little George Ivan is 6 weeks old. He is smiling, cooing, trying to laugh, and, best of all. . . . he is sleeping through the night! He falls asleep between 10:30 and 11:30, and sleeps til 6:00 or 6:30. I get him out of his crib (which is at the foot of our bed) and he nurses a little, and goes right back to sleep. We usually lounge around 'til 9 or so, when I get him up to change him, because by that time he is completely soaked!

It has been so nice, and has really helped with recovery. After going into the hospital a few weeks ago, I was really concerned about how I would recover from that horrible abdominal pain and, of course, the birth. His nightly sleep habits just started improving since then, and now we both sleep like babies!

All of my other babies have slept with me, and wanted to nurse every 1 1/2 hours, and I felt like I never got enough sleep, so this is a surprise and a blessing (tender mercy). I figure that Heavenly Father knows that my body is just too old for the regular baby routine, and told little Ivan to take it easy on me!

I don't get anything done during the day, still, because I'm either holding, burping, changing, or nursing Ivan, but since I'm well rested, it doesn't really bother me. Just noboby plan on coming to visit any time soon!

1 comment:

The Williamsons said...

I'm so glad he's sleeping through the night for you. When Hallie was that age, she had pretty much the same sleep schedule!