Thursday, February 05, 2009

Music Appreciation

During a pregnancy I get so sick that any stimulus can make me nauseous and start puking (gross, I know). Unfortunately, this includes music. With my first pregnancy, Keith and I had just bought this awesome CD called "Green Forest"- little aboriginal children singing to this cool beat. Well, after listening through my nauseous state, I've never again been able to listen to this CD without feeling positively pukey! Even if Keith says one line from one of the songs, I go all cold and clammy.





So, instructions for this pregnancy were as follows: no music - at all! Keith knew that if he played me a song he liked, he'd never be able to play it again. I hid all my favorite CD's so Iwouldn't be tempted. I even stopped playing the piano, fearing that all my fav's would never get played again.





At last, I am able to listen to music! I love music! Piano, classical, 80's rock, new age instrumental, Indie, Irish . . . the only exceptions are country and Celine Dion-ish. Unfortunately, I still can't play piano b/c I'm busy holding this guy all the time : )










No comments: